Owning The Greens
Singapore will be holding the eleventh season of the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) in less than two weeks, and things are looking pretty spectacular. Renamed HSBC Women’s World Championship, it promises four fun-filled days for golfers and spectators alike.
Held from 1 to 4 March at the New Tanjong course at Sentosa Golf Club, 63 world champions will battle it out for a share of the US$1.5 million purse. The star-studded list includes the world’s top 10 ranked players, including the current world’s number one, Shanshan Feng. The Chinese golfer has set her eyes on this year’s trophy, one that has eluded her in the past 10 years of her golfing career in the LPGA tour.
Other notable players gracing the greens include Lexi Thompson, most known for being the youngest golfer (she was then 12) to qualify for the US Women’s Open. Ariya Jutanugarn, Cristie Kerr and Lydia Ko, all three former world number ones will also be participating.
Due mention should also be given to the rather talented Korean contingent. You’ll spot the former champions Ha Na Jang, So Yeon Ryu, Sung Hyun Park and In-Kyung Kim, winner of the 2017 Ricoh Women’s British Open Champion. Inbee Park, defending champion and Olympic Gold Medallist is also expected to head the field.
This year will also see the winner of the 2018 Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific compete in the HSBC Women’s World Championship. Held from 21 to 24 February on the same course, it’ll see six leading Singaporean amateurs compete for a place in the HSBC Women’s World Championship. It’s the first time both brands have collaborated for something like this, allowing young talents to further hone their skills and challenge the professionals. This replaces the local qualifying tournament held previously.
Of course, entertainment options go beyond daily tournaments. Attend the Women’s Leaders forums held on Thursday and Friday, and Power Hour, where local bands will come together daily to perform on the stage located in front of the clubhouse. Want to improve your game of golf? Under Armour will be conducting workshops (including yoga for golfers) to help you with your swing and mobility techniques.
Tickets for the HSBC Women’s World Championship are now on sale.
Win Tickets To The HSBC Women’s World Championship
Robb Report Singapore is giving away five pairs of Four-Day Season Tickets. Each pass allows entry into Sentosa Golf Club and the tournament for all four days. For a chance to win, simply subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter.
Giveaway terms and conditions:
- This giveaway is open to current and new subscribers to Robb Report Singapore’s mailing list.
- This giveaway ends at 11:59pm, GMT+8, 25 February 2018. Winners will be announced on 26 February 2018.
- Winners will be notified via email.
- Winners can collect the tickets during the tournament itself.
- Prize is final; no cash equivalent or alternative prize will be given. Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and strictly not for resale. If the winner is found to be selling the prize(s), Robb Report Singapore reserves the right to demand for the return of the prize.
- Robb Report Singapore shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with participation in this competition or accepting or utilising a prize.